EXL offers comprehensive materials engineering capabilities supported by our laboratory facilities and a network of experienced professionals. Our capabilities include:
Investigations: EXL has completed hundreds of materials investigations throughout British Columbia. Investigations include aggregate acceptance tests, alkali aggregate reactivity, and condition assessments of concrete structures, asphalt and concrete pavements.
- Investigation and analysis of deterioration, corrosion, chemical attack, structural failure.
- A range of field and laboratory testing and instrumentation including, non-destructive testing, failure analysis and troubleshooting.
- Core sampling of asphalt pavement and concrete structure.
Engineering Consultation: Drawing on years of assessment expertise, our Materials Engineering Consultant provides analysis and design support for every element of your construction project.
- Formulation of proprietary concrete products.
- Evaluation of materials and concrete and asphalt mix designs for specification compliance.
- Preparation and review of technical specifications for special applications.
- Field review and quality assurance.
- Design / redesign for LEED certification.
Contact us to discuss your specific project.