Hot Mix Asphalt durability is more dependent on proper compaction than any other factor. EXL can provide certified technicians to perform compaction testing using nuclear density gauges. Our technicians work with production personnel to establish compaction equipment roller patterns to help obtain the required density. Cores are taken to determine the actual in-place density and correlate nuclear density gauges to the specific mix, thickness and supporting characteristics of the material being tested.
- Marshall and Superpave asphalt mix designs
- Quality control management of all construction materials for your paving project
- Testing of paving aggregates
- Soils compaction testing and related laboratory testing
- Mix design review of asphalt
- Testing and verification of asphalt hot mix
- Asphalt coring for thickness and density determinations